Wednesday, May 20, 2009

chapter one: Memories in Algona



I just had to sleep, trying hard not to think and cry over that bastard who said those three words meaninglessly.


Well, how to put it? I'm busted. Watashi wa baka. O, right. Not everybody knows nihonggo, it means: I am a moron. Why? My boyfriend dumped me 3 days ago because I'm too nerd for him, oops, for his friends who can't even answer a first grader's mathematical problem. Shame them. Shame him. Shame me who fell for that guy. And so I came up with a common girl's solution after a breakup. I won't plead him to come back nor will I make him jealous. What's the point if won't be able to see him for a long period of time? I just have to move on. And I know for sure, in no time I will be able...
"Sanyu! Hayaku! We have to get to the airport in an hour and a half," my mother shouted interrupting my thoughts. At least her words disturbed me making me stop thinking about that jerk.


"hai."


Well, you heard my name when my mother shouted it if you noticed. Yeah, my whole name is Sanyu Hyuuga. Cool, huh. I'm a 15 year old, full-blooded Japanese girl. I guess you are now wondering why I can speak English very well. That is for the reason that I've spent seven years of my life in Algona, Washington, USA. We are about to move in there again because my father was promoted and has to work in the main branch which is located in Algona. I can still remember some few things when I was still there. I lived there when I was a 3 years old. I studied my first years there so the medium was English. In the start of third grade, my crush back then whom I don't remember the name and face, well everybody has a crush on one of their schoolmates too, right? He asked me if we can be friends. Well that sort of tear me apart, when he just asked me to be friends. Only. But it was different from what I thought. We were happy as friends. But we were attached to each other like married couple. He'd fight every guy who teases me and yell on every girl who slaps me on my back, literally and not. And he will just let me have peace; he treated me like a royal princess which made me feel superb. When I finished being a fourth grader, it was the time we had to go back to our country, to Japan. It was lonely because a day before we fly back, he confessed to me saying that the moment we stepped in first grade, he can't help but gaze upon my eyes which shocked me. Then I confessed too, well, not really. I was a coward thinking we're just children. So my confession was saying to him how much I enjoyed being around him. That has disappointed him from the look on his face. But when he looked at me who was about to cry, he gave me the smile i fell a crush with. And so we departed with embraces, he even gave me an album of our pictures as a farewell gift. Shoot, I remember now where I had misplaced it. I didn't have a chance to look at the pictures on it. I left it in our house in Algona! I placed it on the third row of my shelf in my bedroom. God, why is it only now that I remembered it? O my, may I still find it there.



We arrived in the airport five minutes before we miss the flight. So, yeah, we got in. I just had to sleep, trying hard not to think and cry over that bastard who said those three words meaninglessly. How I wish we'll arrive to Algona in no time. And also, how i wish the album is still in place. It would break my heart if its lost, sort of.


"Dearie, wake up. We have to get things in order because I have to go to my office tomorrow..."

"I know dad, I'm wide awake now. I'm too excited moving here that why I know already I'm about to be a sophomore in just two days, right?"

"As always, now hurry up and let things get started. We'll meet each other in the living room in three hours..."

"And we'll have a snack." I finished his sentence, again.

"Right." answered my father who walked hurriedly away from me.

We had some pepperoni pizza, which I haven't eaten for about eight months already because I promised myself that I won't eat pepperoni pizza while I'm with Taro-kun, my ex-boyfriend for four days straight. You know, he has an allergy for that kind of pizza. How? I don't know too, to me, that is a mystery. All I know is when he gets near to it, he's whole body, from head to toe becomes red. Well, except the hair, of course. It's kind of creepy, he looks like a man who has ketchup all over his body. Yup, like a ketchup maniac. But now, I am promising to myself that I won't forbid myself to do anything I like no matter the situation is. And I won't let myself get involved to boys for now, that is not a promise because I don't know if I an pull that promise off easily. We'll for now, I'm kind of excited of what school's like.


"O, Sanyu. I forgot to tell you that you are going to be a sophomore tomorrow," my mother said almost apologizing.

"No worries, mom. I already, what? Tomorrow? Already?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes, you have an orientation tomorrow since you are a new student there. I suppose it was not written on their pamphlet."

"It wasn't! So..."

"Yes, we won't be able to. Maybe this weekend we can reschedule our shopping" my mother flashed me a grin. The grin I can't help but get pissed off.





NO! Tomorrow is the only day where the superficial clothing stores give a 70% off discount. I didn't just think I am excited for school, did I? Now, it's not. Wow, then I thought Algona would be great. Maybe I'm better in Japan. Bring me back. But no, I won't give up just like that. I'll give the orientation one of a hell. Algona High School, huh. See you in just a few hours.

to be continued

No comments: