Friday, May 22, 2009

chapter three: Mocha Vanilla Strawberry Loca

I don't really have a curfew, i can go home whenever I want.
It's just that I just prefer to be at home.

You know, I'm not that fun. I want a peaceful world than an extravagant castle.

The feeling is just so cool, I so love it.



Why didn't I thought of it, hitting two birds in one stone. Yeah, I sort of disliked that quote before. But now, I love it. Of course, shopping after orientation, that was possible, very I should say. And I am doing it now with my new friends, Audrey and Courtney. Actually, if you would let me choose who's better as a friend it would be Audrey. I don't know, maybe because I want a sensible person better than the cheerful one. I have some kind of a phobia, I don't like it when too much people grin, I feel like they're all grinning at me because I did something. And that was just scary to me. I hated the feeling, so I hate my mother's grin 'cause I consider her grin as evil. Kidding. But, I totally don't like it.
Audrey, our Principal's granddaughter is truly a savior. God, I don't want to walk nor to pay for a taxi ride to get to the mall. Luckily, Mrs. Potts won't allow her to walk there, so their family driver drove us there. That disappointed Audrey. But a while ago, Audrey was walking coming to this school. Is there any difference or danger on the way to the mall to not to walk? O, never mind, at least we get a drive for free, yay! I didn't get Courtney, she looked like she was happy but at the same time, she felt sorry. Well, maybe she knows Audrey that well that she feels sorry for whatever reason Audrey has. At the coffee time, I'll definitely bring them up to share.
We arrived at the mall in no time, thanks to Mrs. Potts. It was again, half of ours back in Japan. But the stores are better, not to mention that they are all high class. But the price for today are going down, a lot. I had to call my mom to inform her I am shopping with my friends so there's no need for a weekend without sale. I dialled her number as fast as I can so that we could go shopping already. You know, some nerds are a fan of fashion too just like me. When it started to ring, mom picked it up already. She was panting, something wrong in the house?
"Hey mom, you're panting. Something happened?" I was curious. Maybe it was that bad I have to go home now.
"Nothing sweetie, I was just following the exercise on the television. You know, so when we go to the beach, I'd be confident with my body. I might be a mother but I'm still a woman."
"O, I see." I muttered. I thought of bad things and this was just the reason for panting so much? But then, thank God for that.
"Hey sweetie, I will go to your school. Since you're calling, the orientation is now finished. Let's go to the mall. I want to buy some swimsuit."
"O, speaking of mall. I am already here, with my friends. So mom, I'm sorry. Weekends?"
"Sure sweetie, that's good, you have friends already? That's new." She teased.
"I know, aren't I a genius or what? Haha, alright, alright. Time to go; I can't waste all my time to this phone call. I want to go home before seven if you please." Mom was just a best friend.
"You can waste it all here sweetie! But then, I don't want your friends to think I'm strict and that I would like you to go home now. God bless you there sweetie, I love you."
"Daisuki, ja-ne." (I love you, see you later) And it was the end of our conversation. I looked at Audrey and Courtney; they weren't bored of my conversation.
"We totally understand" Courtney winked at me with a smile.
Courtney said her curfew is eight o'clock since she's still fifteen. Audrey said it doesn't matter 'cause she's got a ride on the way home. Actually, I don't really have a curfew; I can go home whenever I want. It's just that I just prefer to be at home. You know, I'm not that fun. I want a peaceful world than an extravagant castle. The feeling is just so cool, I so love it. Courtney looked very eager in shopping and Audrey's disappointment is starting to fade away. And I, Sanyu Hyuuga, even if I don't show it, am the most excited person.
I bought a sleeved dress; the shoulder up to chest level was a red see-through while the lower part was in black with floral design of bright colors. So it was so pretty, I admire it too much because I don't get to wear dresses that much in Japan because of the cold temperature there. I saw Courtney pouting when I paid; maybe she wanted my dress too. Audrey was torn between two. She can't choose between a frills and a hoodie striped shirt. Both looked fantastic on her so I said that if she can, why not buy the two clothes. In that way, you won't get disappointed from not buying the other. So she considered my advice, buying both. Courtney bought cropped shorts of white and a mustard lacy blouse. She said she won't be wearing black that much because she was too skinny now, she has to gain some pounds which was right. I thought she still wanted to be skinny but I guess Audrey gave her an advice. I ended up buying a lime green shoulder bag for school purposes so it will cool my mind whenever I see it. I also bought strappy heels in black and T-strapped platforms in blue.
"San, I know I don't have any right, but do you really need to splurge like that? You know, there are still some things you can buy some other time. Your savings might, you know," know what? I really don't know what's with their sad faces. They're too kind to be concerned about my savings. Are people in Algona really like this? I didn't have such idea.
"No worries. Good thing it was a 70% off discount, I still have a lot of money left."
"O, good, good. Right." She happily said when she knew I've got some money left. She's like a mom. My mom doesn't even care on how much I spent because I'm the one who's saving up and they don't spend even a cent on me during normal days like this.
It was coffee time; I wonder why they kind of get sad when I pay for what I bought. O, yeah, the coffee was my treat. Crap, that was it. So if I don't have any left, they'll have no choice but be the ones to treat me. Too concerned? I erase all that. They're not angels but the opposite. How could day treat me like this on our first friendship day?

"Good afternoon, what can I do for you," said the waitress who was staring at me and was unbelievably stunning. She is likely to be a supermodel than a worker here. She looks like she's 5'9. Her hair was blond with some strikes of black, and the shocking thing about it is that it looked natural, not a single highlight I bet. God gave her such beauty, I kind of envy her.


"As usual Noreen, as for my new friend, give her your specialty." Audrey said blinking at me once. And Noreen, the waitress turned away from us with a beautiful smile. Is she an angel?

"Aud, how much is everything we ordered? This isn't on sale, right? Uhm, especially mine" I asked.

"O, all in all..." then she whispered to my ear. My eyes got bigger as she said the price for the specialty.

"What!" I shrieked. Some of the customers even looked at our table so I was so embarrassed. Silly me. But its double of the money left in me! Shall I wash the dishes after this?

"Silly!" I didn't get if Audrey was mad or was just shocked of my expression. But I bet she's mad 'cause I told her I've still got a lot of money in me. Next time, I'll tell exactly the amount.

"You are really just a newbie here in Algona. If you're new in this coffee shop, you get their specialty, Mocha Vanilla Strawberry Loca for free!"

"O, you should have said that from the first place you know." I said, kind of offended.

"Well, I'm sorry Ms. Hyuuga but my apology isn't sincere," and she showed her tongue for a second and put it again back on her mouth. "Don't worry, once you get a taste of it, you'll forget your problem."

"I do hope so Ms. Potts." I copied her.

"Wrong. Actually it's Ms. Blew. My whole name is Audrey Potts Blew, okay?" Audrey corrected.

"Yeah, whatever." I said, keeping my shame from my mistake. Potts, didn't know she was Blew.

"O, here it is." Courtney is a lifesaver. If it wasn't for her disturbance, I might not want to talk to Audrey anymore for the shame.
"Really Courtney, you're like a kid. But that's what's likable about you." Audrey winked at her. Noreen came to us with a strawberry cappuccino and a parfait with caffeine. And the specialty for me, the newbie.

"I know! Thanks Aud. And thanks Sanyu for the treat." She said cheerfully.

"O yeah, Thanks San!" Audrey added like we didn't have a little argument.

"Welcomes; don't worry that might be the first and last." I grinned successfully because I saw those making faces.

"O, don't be like that. We'll do anything, right Aud?" Courtney asked Audrey waiting for a yes.

"Of course Court, we'll do anything for San today." She added wistfully.

"Alright, alright. You got me. What I want is..."
"What?" Courtney interrupted.

"I want the two of you to share me stories about people here in Algona especially about yourselves. I want to relate and become a real family member here, you know." I continued.

"Silly, we'd tell you that even if you don't ask us!" Audrey said. Why didn't I thought of that? I should have trusted them more.

"Well, you can't change the condition anymore, San!" She informed.

"Right, whatever." I said, pissed.
to be continued.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhmmm the 1st two chapters was ineresting pero sa 3rd i got bored of reading.... i guess it was too long.... it would be better if they were in paragraphs :D :D

annaflor said...

mm, ganun ba max? kahit anong enter ko nagiging ganun ee. gets mo? :p lalaki ka ee.